I received an error code - what does it mean?
Here are a few different Clear Vision Cam - Cellular error codes meanings:
Error 500 = AT error (Failed to register to the network)
Error 401 = SMTP SEND FAIL
Error 201 = Failure to connect
How do I fix this?
These are generally easy to troubleshoot and fix. There are a few possible reasons for these error codes:
- SIM card not inserted correctly - Take the SIM card out and reinsert, the metallic side should face down.
- No data remaining on the SIM card - Log on to your simHERO account and check remaining data.
- Cameras is not connected to the cellular network - Exit the Main Menu and return to the camera screen. Check to see if there is a cellular connection made (There should be 5 cellular bars showing a connected signal.)
- Wrong phone or email - Go back to where you inserted you email, double check that everything is spelled and entered correctly. Clear this field out and try re-entering everything if needed.
- Network is temporarily down - The connected network may be down momentarily. Try turning the camera off and restarting it to refresh the connection.
STEP # 1
- First, let's make sure your simHERO account has available remaining data.
- Log into your simHERO account: https://my.simhero.com/
- Verify that your SIM card shows as ACTIVE
- Make sure your Credit has a remaining data balance.
- We suggest enabling "Auto-Renew" to eliminate disruptions.
- See reference/example photo below.
STEP # 2
Next, let's make a change on the Trail Camera settings and manually setup the SIM connection. We will walk you through the steps below:
First, make sure your camera shows there is a cellular connection (see reference photo below).
2. Go to the 3G section.
3. Click SIM Auto Match > Choose Manual
4. Click Manual Setup
6. Make sure the following settings are as follows:
MMS > OFF
SMTP > D
FTP > ON
7. Scroll down and click "Send To".
IMPORTANT: LEAVE PHONE BLANK. DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING HERE
8. Choose Email > Click EMAIL 1 > Enter the correct MMS Gateway Domain for your cellular provider (see photo below for reference).
WHAT'S MY PHONE CARRIERS MMS GATEWAY DOMAIN?
Find your phone carrier's email and insert this as instructed.
This should solve the issue and photos should now be sent.